Over the years I have dabbled in painting and various crafts. I helped design and paint/draw out my son's treasure map themed parking space.
So for my wedding anniversary this year, I am getting paint and a complete airbrush setup. We are taking this thing on ourselves! We are not planning on doing this all at once. We don't have a garage in which we can contain our MH and do the work on that grand a scale. So we're going to do sections at a time. I will be making my own stencils of the logos and starting there.
Here is a picture of one of the logos. It is dried from age and starting to crack. It isn't peeling too badly, but definitely showing signs of age.
I put velum over this and traced it out so I could make a stencil. Then I got some adhesive paper-type stuff and transferred the tracing onto there backwards (because of where the sticky is located). Here is an image of the stencil before I cut it out.
The next step is removing the old decal and cleaning/sanding the surface to prepare it. I removed the decal, but still have a lot of cleaning to do to remove the remaining adhesive. Here is a pic of that so far.
My airbrush setup is slated to come in this Friday. Looking forward to getting it and playing around with it.
To be continued...